- Why should you buy this report?
- Identify companies with the most robust pipeline
- Understand what is shaping and driving the global CD therapeutics market
- Learn about key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies that are likely to impact the market for CD in the future
- Gain an understanding of the competitive landscape and analyze competitor performance
- Identify emerging players and create effective counter-strategies to gain competitive advantage
Explore the current and future market competition in the global CD therapeutics market
On 30th July 2018, RedHill Biopharma announced top-line safety and efficacy results from the first Phase III study of RHB-104, a fixed dose antibiotic combination therapy for CD. Key opinion leaders interviewed by GlobalData recognized that development of a safe oral therapy is an important opportunity in the market, and RHB-104 has the potential to fulfil this need.
All countries in the 7 major markets, excluding Germany, will see an increase in the diagnosed prevalence cases of CD. France is likely to have the highest Annual Growth Rate of diagnosed prevalent cases of CD at 4.04%. The largest increases are expected in the US, France, and Japan, driven by both increases in the prevalence of CD and by population changes. Germany, as opposed to the other markets, will see a decrease in patient size for CD.
The high unmet need for improved medical management of perianal fistulas presents an untapped market opportunity, which could drive market growth overall. However, barriers to market growth will include pricing pressures and reimbursement issues for expensive biologic therapies. The established biologics market has created a challenging environment for new market entrants.