- What you need to know
- GlobalData’s ESG framework, which breaks down sustainability by identifying contributing factors and mitigating actions.
- Ten important technology and macroeconomic trends that will shape the ESG theme in the automotive sector over the next 12 to 24 months.
- GlobalData’s ESG action feedback loop, which explains the incentive behind taking ESG-related actions.
- A deep-dive into the key challenges that traditional automakers and suppliers face from each of the ESG sub-themes (environmental, social, and governance).
- Case studies identifying leaders and laggards in each of the ESG sub-themes and the reasons behind this.
- Detailed profiles of what moves major automakers and suppliers are making in the ESG theme.
- GlobalData’s ‘Parts and Tires’ and ‘Vehicle Manufacturing’ scorecards, which rank the leadership of companies in the key themes disrupting their industry.
This thematic research report takes an in-depth look at the impact of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors on the automotive industry. Our analysis includes GlobalData’s ESG framework, the trends shaping the ESG theme in automotive, the challenges posed by the theme to the automotive industry. We also include case studies detailing leaders and laggards in each of the sub-themes of ESG, along with a timeline of past and future milestones. In the companies’ section, we analyse the ESG-specific moves being made by major automakers and suppliers to set out the landscape and see what further trends are emerging. Finally, GlobalData’s ‘Parts and Tires’ and ‘Vehicle Manufacturing’ scorecards highlight leading and lagging companies based on the key themes identified as impacting the automotive sector.