- Report Scope:
- Promising late-stage products and early-stage pipeline by indication
- Leading industry companies by indication
- Clinical trial breakdown by phase/indication and trial design by indication
- Opportunities and challenges for gastrointestinal indications
- Market potential estimate of late-stage therapies and key launch dates
Small biotech leads the way in microbiome-targeted therapeutics; however large pharma companies such as J&J have made it a priority to partner with biotech companies and academic labs to further development of microbiome-targeted therapeutics in immunology.
There are 10 pipeline therapies in clinical development targeting the gut microbiome for treatment of Crohn’s Disease, UC and IBS. For treatment of acne, AD and PsO however, there are only three pipeline therapies in clinical development targeting the skin microbiome.