- What you need to know...
- The existing fleet is being upgraded by adding a range of technological improvements such as advanced avionics, sensors, radars and control systems.
- The high upgrade and maintenance costs are anticipated to ensure a higher allocation from budgets of militaries globally.
- A number of countries have also been outsourcing MRO activities in the form of multi-year contracts, thereby ensuring a fair share of the market for large international OEMs as well.
- The US Air Force awards a new sustainment contract worth up to $420million to Rolls-Royce for aviation engine maintenance, repair and overhaul of the service’s Global Hawk unmanned surveillance aircraft fleet.
- The Military Aviation MRO market is highly fragmented with many companies and major players in the market including Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Aviation Industry Corporation of China, Aerospace Industrial Development Corporation (AIDC), Eurofighter Jagdflugzeug GmbH and Dassault Aviation among others.
- F-16 fighting falcon life extension upgrades, worldwide logistics support services, B-52 stratofortress weapon system modernization program and F-22 sustainment services are other major programs in the aviation MRO sector.
Upgrade and maintenance costs ensure higher budget allocation
The primary factor driving the US aviation MRO market is quite simply the sheer size of the aircraft, helicopter and UAV fleets, which is consistently being updated with latest technology systems.
This report offers detailed analysis of the Global Military Aviation MRO market over the next ten years, and provides market size forecasts. Furthermore, it covers key technological and market trends in the industry, and analyzes factors influencing demand for Military Aviation MRO. Additionally, the report highlights challenges faced by industry participants.