- Adopt VR/AR within your business with GlobalData's help...
- Understand which of your competitors are already adopting VR/AR technology to enhance their business. How are they doing it? And how can you do it better?
- Identify the leading tourism technology players who are already adopting the technology in order to provide their customers with unique experiences.
- From the comfort of their own home, tourists can make informed decisions about their potential bookings using VR technology.
- It’s possible to experience the destination and hotel before the trip!
What does the future hold for VR/AR within the tourism industry?
GlobalData’s report, Virtual & Augmented Reality in Tourism, suggests that virtual reality could become the next big computing platform. It is now a serious investment theme and as the technology takes off, airlines, hotels and travel agencies will benefit hugely.
Tourists often feel they are going in blind when booking trips they have no experience in. Due to AR not being completely immersive, it can aid tourists significantly with trip planning by providing a better sense of what they are about to purchase.
Most people travel to tourist attractions to witness and experience famous places with their own eyes, but as more attractions begin to offer virtual reality experiences, is VR enhancing the tourist experience or detaching us from our surroundings?